Discord has become a popular way to share personal information among the community. Therefore, such queries as “how easy to hack Discord” began to appear on Google more often. Many Discord users are sure that it is almost impossible due to its unpopularity. However, according to statistics, it may soon break the records of many popular instant messengers. And today, almost everything can be hacked, including Discord.
Discord hackers didn’t have to invent any new ways of hacking, as bypassing the security program is not that difficult. However, if you notice any suspicious activity on your profile, you should report it immediately and take security measures.
But why then use the program where we can expect such risks? Most methods do not work without your consent, such as following unfamiliar links or receiving spam. Therefore, the best way to protect yourself from hacker attacks is to learn as much as possible about them. We will tell you about this below.
Most Common Discord Hacks
Malware is the most common way to infiltrate your Discord. With it, hackers can steal your personal and financial data, cryptocurrencies, account game data, etc. McAfee estimates that this software can get onto your computer in hundreds of ways.
But how does it spread on Discord? It can happen by:
- infected applications
- bait and switch
A few years ago, Sophos Security conducted an investigation that found about 17,000 malicious links with spam. Sending spam violates the rules, so Discord uses a special spam filter to ensure user safety. Please note that the platform does not create bots offering free products. It would be a scam if you received a private message from a bot offering you something or simply sending you a link to complete it. It is in your best interest to report this to the support team as soon as possible. They will check the information and answer your request.
Another typical hack is to steal your Discord login details. Hackers use bots to try to guess the password to your account. It is not advised to use easy or identical passwords for several accounts. Let the password manager create robust code for you.
In any case, you should not panic because you can prevent your friends from being hacked and spreading malware through you. We will talk about this in the next section.
How Can a Discord User Prevent a Hack?
Here are tips that can keep you safe as an Internet user:
- If you receive unfamiliar links or downloads, never click them. At first glance, they may look like real ones, but you will notice minor changes if you look closely. For example, you were sent a link to Amazon. Google the official website and compare the links. There may be missing or extra words. Most often, such links are distributed through hacked accounts. You can go through them only if you are 100% sure that they are safe. Also, reliable anti-virus programs often warn you if you are trying to follow malicious links.
- Trust only official announcements by the programming community – Discord servers and channels. Any other received information can be spam. You need to be subscribed to them. Do not trust forwarded messages allegedly from official channels. It’s better to go there and check the message yourself.
- Don’t download unfamiliar files provided by people you don’t know or don’t trust.
- Two-factor authentication is one of the best ways to protect your discord account from hackers. In other words, if someone finds out your password, they still won’t be able to access your account.
- Activate anti-virus and firewall, which can warn you about spam and hackers attacks.
- Also, don’t share your login info or other personal data.
What Does Ethical Hacking Mean?
You don’t always have to associate hackers with villains in the modern community. There is also such a thing as ethical hacking. It is a targeted bug-check by a security researcher to find security weaknesses and improve them.
Top 3 Discord Servers
In the Discord community, you can find many servers with hackers tags. In most cases, they are informative. There, you can find safety tips and news in the IT field.
- Cat Mafia has about 1,551 members. It is an open Discord server that shares information about coding, development, software, and hackers with its members. Its creators call themselves an anarchy server, where fun reigns in the IT field, and there are no criteria for their members. Anyone can become a part of this community with one click.
- Ring Zer0 has over 1,300 members. It is a server dedicated to any technology sphere, especially hacking and coding. If you want to be part of this community, you will not be tested in coding, programming, or hacking skills. On the contrary, you can learn more in these areas, communicate, and get help if you have any problems.
- Gotr00t? It has over 1,000 members. You can be a part of any free and open discussion on programming, hacking, and security in this community. Anyone who wants to expand their skills and knowledge can join.
Remember that the platform does not disclose information about you to other users, including your IP address. Attackers may intentionally send spam or otherwise try to get hold of your data. Never do required actions in such messages.
If, for some reason, you were unable to prevent a hacker attack on your Discord account, resetting your password will help restore access in most cases. Also, do not forget to report the incident so that the administration can warn other users and take security measures.
Be open to new knowledge. Even complex things are easy to understand if you find the right source.
If you still have questions related to Discord, you can search for the answers to them in this section.
You need to follow a few simple steps. First, log in to your account through the official website and go to the application page. There, you will see the New Application button. By clicking on it, you will only have to enter information on your bot and save it. Then, your new bot is ready, and you can add it to any conversation where you have such rights.
The creator of Discord, a free application for voice, video, and text communication, is Jason Citron. Previously, it was a platform exclusively for gamers, and now, it is used by people from different fields.
Open the server you want to leave and click the three dots next to its name. Next, select the option Leave and confirm an action.
To enable streaming, log in to your account and select additional features. Then, find the “Streamer Mode” section and turn it on. In the future, you can set up a hotkey combination to quickly activate or deactivate this option.
Open your account and click on Discord server settings. In the drop-down menu, you will see “Bans.” There is a list of banned people. Choose who you want to unban and confirm your action.